The challenge as we see it
As refiners face regulatory pressures to reduce sulfur oxide emissions and lower sulfur content in fuels, management of the sulfur molecule becomes extremely important both from a financial and environmental perspective.
Our differentiated value
Veolia provides sulfur gas recovery (SGR) solutions for refining operations that provide improved flexibility, reliability and environmental performance compared to the classic refinery sulfur management system.
- Product handling and product stewardship guidance
- Customer on-site safety training
- Emergency response drills and training
Our solutions for sulfur gas recovery
We build, own and operate sulfur gas recovery plants that are onsite or adjacent to a refinery operation. Customers have the option of transferring all or part of their sulfur gas processing requirements to Veolia’s management. Benefits of an onsite SGR plant include:
- Cleaner, more effective sulfur/ acid gas recovery solutions compared to traditional Claus-Tail Gas Units
- Enhanced focus on core competencies for the refinery operations
- Improved operational flexibility
- Potential CAPEX reduction
40 CFR 261.2(e) Materials that are not solid waste when recycled
Our regeneration solutions are recycling-related manufacturing processes that are not considered to be treatment, storage or disposal of hazardous waste and are not considered a solid waste because we use/reuse certain materials as ingredients in an industrial process to make a product.