The challenge as we see it
Proper handling of reactive chemicals is vital for the safety of your facility and to meet regulatory compliance. There are many different distinct hazards posed by each material that need to be considered when removing or transporting them.
Our differentiated value
Our reactive chemicals removal teams are uniquely capable of responding to projects that require a thorough assessment of potential dangers and an onsite neutralization or stabilization of chemical compounds. In addition, we have developed and perfected several innovative systems for handling reactive chemicals, based on the distinct hazards posed by each material.
- Temperature-sensitive compounds
- Extreme toxins
- Shock-sensitive and explosive materials
- Peroxidizing materials
- Water- and air-sensitive materials
- Multiple hazard materials
Our solutions for reactive chemicals management
Our proven reactive chemical removal technologies include custom-designed and constructed remote control equipment for moving and securing highly unstable materials. We have fully-permitted refrigerated vehicles for transporting temperature sensitive materials, and specialized packaging techniques and state-of-the-art closed transfer systems for gases, liquids and other reactive chemicals. Our computerized tracking system will clearly document the movement of all materials from your site to final chemical waste disposal or destruction.
- Reactive chemical identification and inventory
- Deployment of onsite removal technologies
- Packaging, including closed-transfer systems
- Reactive chemical transportation
- Customized computer tracking system
- Identification, analysis and chemical moving services
- Laboratory chemical waste minimization programs
- Acceptance of small quantities of materials and consolidation of truckload shipments to reduce transportation charges
Veolia is uniquely positioned to service industry, government and commercial entities in improving performance, managing water, waste and energy.