The challenge as we see it
The majority of medical waste generated in the U.S. is regulated at the state and local level, so medical and pharmaceutical waste needs to be managed in a way to ensure your staff’s safety and your organization’s regulatory compliance.
Our differentiated value
We apply the same industry-leading customer service to our medical waste customers as we do to our heavily regulated hazardous waste customers. This includes contracts that are easier to live with and access to a broad range of water and energy services.
- Dual waste permit allowing incineration of waste that is both hazardous and medical
- Unparalleled service evidenced by industry-leading customer satisfaction
- Full sustainability partner offering water, waste and energy solutions
- Personalized service with an assigned team to service your location each time
Our solutions for medical waste disposal
Our medical waste disposal solutions will help your organization safely and properly manage hazardous materials. Medical waste treatment can take place at our facilities or at audited and approved third-party partner facilities. First, we conduct an initial medical waste review and breakdown analysis to help your company reduce waste and minimize your costs. Once your unique needs are determined, our partners train your staff on waste stream segregation, procedures and safety.
- Staff training
- Appropriate container sizes and shapes, including labels, packaging and signage
- Flexible pick-up schedule, as well as determination of the optimum location
- Tracking of materials, from pick-up through final disposal
- Online viewing and downloading of shipping documents and manifests
- Recommendations for waste minimization
- Protocols for regulatory compliance
Veolia is uniquely positioned to service industry, government and commercial entities in improving performance, managing water, waste and energy.