The challenge as we see it
Lamps, ballast and lighting components usually contain mercury, lead and other heavy metals, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) or other harmful materials — all of which are considered toxic and hazardous to human health and the environment. The federal government and all 50 states have enacted rules and regulations to address the proper management of these materials. Failure to manage these items in accordance with regulations may put you and your company at risk as well as endangering public health.
Our differentiated value
We are one of the largest commercial recyclers of lamps and ballast in the world and work with a broad range of customers to offer environmentally-compliant recycling coast-to-coast and across North America.
From onsite pick-up to final recycling, treatment or disposal, we are a leader in lamp, ballast and lighting component recycling.
- Five fully-permitted recycling facilities across North America
- Two RCRA Part B permitted facilities
- TSCA Permitted PCB (PCB Commercial Storer) permitted facility in Phoenix, AZ
- ISO14001/OHSAS-18001 certifications in Phoenix, AZ
- Solutions for large and small quantities of lamps, ballast and lighting components
- Company-owned processing equipment, retort ovens and distillation equipment
- Company-owned nationwide transportation and logistics capabilities
- Audited and approved 3rd party transportation network
- Audited and approved downstream processing vendors
- Dedicated account and customer service representatives
- Documented packaging guidelines
- Customized reporting capabilities
Our solutions for lamps, ballast and lighting components recycling
We can tailor a recycling program to fit your needs. Whether you have small volumes resulting from spot maintenance or larger volumes as a result of re-lamp or retrofit projects, we have a solution for you.
We recycle the following variety of lamps and ballast: Broken or crushed lamps; compact, u-shape and circular fluorescent lamps; electronic ballast; high intensity discharge (HID) lamps; LED lamps; neon lamps; PCB and non-PCB lamp ballast; shatterproof and other specialty lamps; and straight fluorescent lamps.
Veolia is uniquely positioned to service industry, government and commercial entities in improving performance, managing water, waste and energy.