The challenge as we see it
When your hazardous waste disposal needs call for permanent, safe and efficient solutions, you may need stabilization and land disposal technologies that meet today's industry standards. The right solution will help protect the environment and shield your company from the long-term liability headaches of hazardous waste.
Our differentiated value
We offer customizable hazardous waste stabilization and landfill services through our permitted facilities in Arkansas and Wisconsin for the stabilization of metal-coded hazardous waste solids.
Our hazardous waste stabilization and landfill services include:
- De-characterization through stabilization of certain D-coded metal-bearing waste
- Stabilization of other coded hazardous waste
- Micro- and macro-encapsulation treatment of hazardous waste debris
- Waste profiling, laboratory analysis and recipe development
- Arkansas facility is direct rail served
- Landfill disposal
Our solutions for hazardous waste stabilization and landfill services
We'll customize stabilization or solidification pre-treatment to your specific hazardous waste, preventing the possibility of migration or leaching in the future. Our full-service lab facilities, usually on-site, provide you with profiles, analysis and recipe development services in the fastest and most efficient manner possible.
We employ a safe and proven method of stabilization, which includes the following steps:
- Hazardous waste requiring stabilization is treated by a chemical process where approved reagents are added in predetermined ratios to pass the TCLP.
- All stabilized residuals are tested to ensure treatment to specified levels.
- De-characterized treatment residuals are disposed of either at nearby Veolia-audited facilities or our company owned landfill.
- Subtitle D landfill ensures the de-characterized residuals are not commingled with hazardous wastes, which reduces your company’s risk of future environmental action.
- Stabilized wastes that are not de-characterized are sent to company owned or approved Subtitle C facilities.
Veolia is uniquely positioned to service industry, government and commercial entities in improving performance, managing water, waste and energy.