Dear customers and partners,
I would like to start out by thanking those providing health care, ambulatory, police, fire, emergency and essential services to our communities and businesses, while grieving for those families that suffered losses of family members, friends and coworkers. At this point, it is probably safe to say that we have all had some experience of COVID-19 coming close to our friends and family.
As we come from the stillness of shelter in place to the activity of restoration, our goal remains the same: win the war against the COVID-19 pandemic. Our economy is beginning to open throughout the country as states and cities relax restrictions that were necessary to flatten the COVID-19 curve.
- Within our homes and communities, we must continue to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following the CDC recommended guidelines.
- Businesses and public agencies/services have already established workplace policies, practices and procedures to protect essential workers and now are beginning preparations to have their employees return back to work locations safely.
- Academia, pharmaceutical, bio-tech, diagnostic labs, and health science companies work tirelessly with the FDA and other governmental resources to develop, test and bring to market a COVID-19 testing and vaccines.
Here are some key areas to focus on when developing your plan to return employees back to the workplace:
- Preparing the workplace plan for return and ongoing cleaning/disinfecting maintenance (CDC Reopening Guidance).
- Develop and implement workplace policies and processes that address and mitigate the risks of employee exposure in the workplace.
- Policies and processes are critical in providing a safe work environment for employees.
- Consider including in your mitigation strategy exposure risks that employees may face outside of the workplace by including training and recommendations on how employees can protect themselves from exposure at home and when active in their communities.
- Building a routine process to review and adjust policies, procedures and mitigation strategies accordingly.
Veolia is ready to help. We can provide the services you need to return your teams back to the workplace and resources needed to provide your employees with a safe workplace while facing these challenges of COVID-19. We can recommend workplace policies, planning and best practice templates as well. Please contact your account manager. If you aren't a Veolia customer and would like to be contacted, please click here. To learn more about Veolia and COVID-19, please click here.
President, Chief Operating Officer
Environmental Solutions and Services
Veolia North America