A major manufacturer of heavy-duty engines needed a single supplier to provide facilities and resource management services at one of its manufacturing locations.
The project challenges are:
- This business required that the supplier be able to provide both wastewater management and integrated waste services, including waste collection, transportation, recycling and disposal.
- In addition, this client wanted the supplier to manage on-site and contract labor associated with these services.
- As part of any contract, the client requested that the supplier provide a guaranteed savings over the cost of its in-house waste management operations.
Veolia North America’s customizable approach and broad expertise in Integrated Facilities Management and Resource Management enabled us to create a multi-service contract to meet this client’s complex requirements.
The services included:
- Managing all regulated solid waste, including salvageable by-products and recyclable commodities.
- Managing the plant’s wastewater treatment facility.
- Performing all environmental health and safety (EHS) functions required to support environmental management system protocol and documentation.
- Within the scope of the agreement, Veolia also manages all contract labor and equipment associated with the maintenance of the client’s three million square foot manufacturing plant and offices, as well as the grounds, parking lots and roadways of its 129 acre campus. Veolia provides maintenance services for the grounds and the headquarters and plant’s mechanical systems (i.e. HVAC and elevators), as well as industrial cleaning and snow removal services.
Benefits for our client
- Drawing on our technical expertise and operational commitment to world-class service and safety, Veolia was able to help this client reduce its operational costs by streamlining waste-handling and facilities management practices across the client’s entire property—from their large manufacturing facility and administrative offices to their grounds and wastewater treatment plant—creating efficiencies that save time and money.
- Veolia’s on-going use of performance metrics enables us to track and measure outcomes regularly, ensuring that we meet our core goals of maintaining safety and service quality while continuously striving to improve efficiency for this client.