The challenge as we see it
Whether it is a whole building or a new construction project, all electrical and mechanical systems need to be thoroughly tested and commissioned to ensure operations meet design and performance specifications.
Our differentiated value
Veolia has several decades of collective experience testing power systems and mechanical equipment in high reliability, high performance, mission-critical, and in some cases “live” environments.
As your independent 3rd party commissioning agent, we engage early in the design and construction process to ensure that your equipment functions as intended, and delivers a platform for long-term operational success.
- Experience working in “live” environments
- Unmatched experience commissioning IBX data centers
- Thorough knowledge of LEED Commissioning standards
- Culture of safety with matching track record
- A focus on efficiency and occupant experience
- Project coverage across North America
- Cohesive team and robust employee training
Our solutions for commissioning
Veolia works with design, construction and operations teams to ensure facilities and critical mechanical, electrical and controls systems are commissioned properly. We do this for whole buildings, space fit-outs, data centers, as well as specific energy plants, systems, and assets.
- Commissioning for construction - A thorough mechanical and electrical commissioning process is required for all construction projects - whether that’s a new building, data center, trading floor, tenant space or an energy plant. As a commissioning agent, Veolia helps our clients ensure that both individual and integrated facility systems will reliably start-up and operate in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Commissioning for existing facilities - For existing facilities or energy assets, Veolia will re-commission or retro-commission systems to correct any slip in performance or energy efficiency to ensure reliable future operations.
- Testing & maintenance - Critical facilities need to undergo routine testing and maintenance to ensure that primary systems and backup systems will function as intended during a failure or outage event. Veolia works with critical facility owners to deliver a broad range of testing and maintenance services that include, but are not limited to: pull the plug testing and utility shutdown oversight, infrared (IR) scanning, switchgear testing, generator maintenance and more.
Veolia has managed commissioning for millions of square feet of data centers and buildings, as well as energy projects like boiler retrofits, chiller plant upgrades, combined heat & power systems and more.
Benefits for our customers
They chose this solution
New Research Center Calls for CHP Expansion
Making Buildings More Sustainable in New York
Veolia’s energy consulting group, SourceOne, was selected to conduct energy-efficiency projects in select buildings across Greater New York City.
Services included operational audits in NYC and Westchester County for small facilities and public institutions that are supported by one of 18 generating facilities and 1,400 circuit miles of transition lines.
The Dimock Center, Boston
As a vital, non-profit, community organization, The Dimock Center is tasked with providing critical health and human services to thousands of Boston residents each year.
Veolia, through its energy consulting business, managed the replacement of the center’s existing oil-fired central steam plant with natural gas-powered boilers. Completed ahead of schedule and significantly under budget, this energy efficient upgrade improves occupant comfort and yields annual guaranteed savings valued at $150,000.