Agreement for public-private partnership enables Veolia North America to provide total asset management for municipal wastewater facilities.
The City of Taunton retained Veolia in 2006 to provide total asset management of its 8.4-MGD advanced secondary wastewater treatment facility, 96-mile collection system and 30 lift stations and management of a Pollution Prevention (P2) program. Other services include management of an industrial pretreatment program, septage receiving, industrial leachate, sewer overflow management and biosolids disposal.
- Implement stringent odor control plan that includes Good Neighbor Advisory Committee that encourages area residents to notify plant management at the first sign of a possible problem.
- Implement comprehensive underground asset management program to assess system conditions.
- Initiate an accelerated cleaning program for the 96.4 miles of sewer lines.
- Maintain strong community presence through participation in and support for a range of educational and civic activities.
- Awarded second contract with city based on excellent operations - a 12-year contract to provide O&M services for Taunton's collection system.
- Project Manager Darlene Domingos named 2007 Operator-of-the-year by New England Water Environment Association.
- Helped city meet terms of Consent Decree through accelerated sewer line cleaning program.
- In 2012, the New England Water Environment Association honored an employee with the James J. Courchaine Collection System Award.
- The U.S. EPA (Region 1) recognized facility with the Industrial Pretreatment Program Regional Excellence Award.