TECHNICAL EXPERTISEOur Acid Technology Center supports our customers with:
- Product handling and product stewardship guidance
- Non-fuming and fuming acid safety seminars
- Fuming Acid Spill Mitigation School - Desert Training
- Transportation equipment and logistics support
- Customer on-site safety training
- Emergency response drills and training
- Safety and technical literature
- Corrosion consultation for materials of construction
- Carrier assessment and training
- Best practices — procedures and equipment such as storage tanks, handling equipment, PPE, hoses, pumps, fittings, instrumentation, etc.
- Adding capability at our facilities to increase supply chain flexibility and reduce refinery limitations
- Providing engineering alternatives to improve reliability of our on-site facilities
- Improving product quality for refinery-specific concerns or considerations
- Assistance during refinery upsets to support return to normal operations
FACILITIESVeolia’s network of sulfuric acid plants across the United States includes:
- The Burnside "hybrid" sulfuric acid regeneration (SAR) and sulfur burning facility, capable of producing both fuming and non-fuming acids, located in Darrow, LA.
- Three sulfuric acid regeneration and sulfur gas recovery (SAR/SGR) facilities for refinery customers in Delaware City, DE; El Paso, TX; and Elizabeth, NJ.
- Sulfur burning plants in Cincinnati, OH; Richmond, VA; and Wurtland, KY, capable of producing both fuming and non-fuming acids.
SAFETY & COMPLIANCEVeolia maintains a proven record of compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety (EHS) regulations, industry standards and company requirements. We operate according to a Goal Zero culture, which is focused on continuous improvement toward an overarching goal of zero injuries, zero incidents and zero impacts on the environment.
Our sulfuric acid sites are ISO 14000 certified and subject to the Responsible Care® program under the American Chemistry Council (ACC), which verifies industry standards are met for community awareness, emergency response, occupational safety, process safety, transportation (distribution), environmental stewardship, product stewardship and security.